Estimated Time to Update Plan: 5-10 minutes
Easily track progress towards your goals and know exactly how you are doing on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The revenue plan input populates the Daily Plan to Actual Explore with your plan or forecast and automatically populates the Daily Flash Dashboard. Follow the steps below to enter your plan.
What You’ll Need:
- [Optional] Revenue plan by sales channel (i.e., Shopify, Amazon) by month or by day
- [Optional] Order plan by sales channel by month or day
- [Optional] Unit plan by sales channel by month or day
- [Optional] Site session plan for your Shopify store by month or day
Budget Format / Column A
Please note the two options for Budget
- Month - Your monthly budget will be evenly distributed across the month (each day)
- Day - Input budget for each day of the month
Store / Column B
- Choose the Sales Channel (Shopify, Amazon, Other Orders)
Date / Column D
- Input date - For Month, input first day on the month (ex. 1/1/2020)
Revenue / Column E
- Input forecasted revenue amount for the sales channel for that day or month
Orders / Column F
- Expected number of orders. We use this field and your Revenue input to calculate your expected AOV.
Units / Column G
- Forecasted units
Traffic / Column H
- Input your monthly or daily session forecast, if you have one
Note: Sessions only apply to your Shopify store
Columns B, C, E, and F are required if a row is populated. Columns G, H, and I are optional.
FAQ about Revenue Plan Data
Q: I don’t have a forecast for the whole year, is that OK?
A: Yes! The revenue plan gives you a historical view of how well you are doing at hitting your goals, you may enter updated goals as you have them.
Q: Can I include a mix of Day and Month plans?
A: Yes! Just be careful to not double count. For example, if you previously entered a plan for May by Month, and now would like to enter May by day, make sure to delete the Month row. If you don’t delete that row, it will include the Month plan and the Day plans together.
Q: Do all fields have to be filled in?
A: No. Empty plan fields will simply show the plan as null in your reporting
Q: How is this data used?
A: It is used to populate your plan in the Daily Flash Dashboard, which is handy to see how you are performing against your goals.
Q: I track additional metrics; can I add columns?
A: No, the data input must remain in the format provided in order to be properly integrated in your data warehouse.