Daasity has designed over a dozen out-of-the-box dashboards built to provide merchants analysis of a wide variety of aspects of your business. A full list of dashboards can be found here.
Dashboards are grouped into the following sections:
- Business Performance
- Product & Inventory
Let's take a closer look at the "Orders & Revenue" dashboard
When you open any dashboard, you’ll see some controls and buttons at the top, and then blocks of visual information. Dashboards can have just a few pieces of content in them, or they can have many pieces of content. The blocks of content or graphs on a dashboard are called tiles. The best practice is to have no more than 25 individual tiles in any single dashboard to maximize performance. Dashboards with more than 25 tiles can have very slow load times.
Each tile is answering a question that was asked of the database. For example…
“What are gross sales?” is being answered by the Total Gross Sales tile.
Hover over the for he tile's description to pop up.
Filters play a huge role in determining what data you are viewing in a dashboard. In order to expand the filter - simply click on the word "FILTERS" near the top left hand corner of any dashboard. Common filters you will see are Date and Store filters. There are also some unique filters you can read more about here and here.
Please note that filters do NOT necessarily affect EVERY tile in a dashboard. Dashboard filters can be limited to only certain tiles on a dashboard. The tile description (revealed when hovering over the ) will reveal if a tile is not connected to a dashboard filter.
Right-click & Open in New Window will expand the image.
- Filters - affects the chosen tiles you have on the dashboard. Note that if you change the filters you will need to press the button to have the changes show up in your tiles.
- Dashboard name - this is where you can find the name of your dashboard.
- - you can press this button anytime you need to run the queries to refresh your dashboard. Note that this will rerun the queries for every tile in the dashboard.
- Clicking the icon will allow you to save the download and save the dashboard as PDF, CSV or send it to someone or a team!
- this is the button that you can use to make a copy of the dashboard which will then be editable.
Create a new dashboard
To create a custom dashboard from scratch would require you to navigate to the dashboards page and clicking the button, located at the top-right corner of the page.