Estimated time to update: 10 - 30 minutes
Enter in SKU classifications that allow you to group results at the SKU level into broader, customized groups. For example, if you want to see Product Affinity at the Category level, or LTV by first order Sub Category you can use this BSD sheet to put each SKU into a Category.
What You’ll Need:
- [Required] SKU
- [Required] Attribute 1: Enter in the attribute name (row 4) and the attribute for the given SKU
- [Optional] Attribute 2 - 10 Information
The SKU Attributes sheet allows you to both choose which attributes you want in your SKU Hierarchy and then classify SKUs into each Attribute.
- Enter in the headers that you want in Row 4.
- If you want fewer than 10 classifications you can leave a header blank.
- Once you have filled out the headers, put every SKU in your catalog in column B and the appropriate hierarchy classifications in columns C – L. Again, if you leave a column blank that is ok.
- After you enter in your changes and refresh the data through the Daasity app you will see the headers and data in Looker.
FAQ about SKU Attributes
Q: Where does this data end up?
A: The data you enter will end up in a SKU Hierarchy view which is joined in the following explores in Looker:
- Order Line Revenue
- Transactional Sales
- Product Affinity
- LTV by First Order SKU
Q: What can I use this for?
A: Most merchants find a SKU hierarchy useful to roll up results to different categories. Some examples:
- Product affinity by Category rather than SKU so you can see connections between categories like sweatshirts and t-shirts or watches and sunglasses.
- LTV by first order Category (or other attribute) to show lifetime value curves for individuals that first purchase in a specific category or subcategory.