This dashboard gives merchants hourly order and revenue information with comparisons to yesterday and the same day last year. It is designed for peak-shopping periods when merchants need to make quick intraday decisions to optimize results
The Hourly Flash dashboard is designed to give merchants an intraday look into performance and sales. Data is pulled every hour from Shopify and pushed to your Looker instance, allowing you to see gross sales and orders by hour with comparisons against yesterday and the same day last year.
Our transformation code takes raw data from Shopify and modifies it to represent data in the same way as Shopify reporting. The numbers in this report should match the numbers in your Transactional Sales explore.
To enable the Hourly Flash dashboard you must have hourly processing enabled. Please contact your account manager to get access to hourly processing.
Analysis of this dashboard can help answer questions such as:
- How am I performing today vs yesterday and last year? Am I on pace to grow sales and orders?
- If sales is trending down vs last year, is that due to fewer orders, or lower AOV?
- Which products are selling well today? Using this information along with the analysis in the inventory dashboard, do we need to prepare for any inventory shortages?
The dashboard contains three distinct sections:
📆 Daily Totals
This section gives you overview of sales, orders, and units sold so far today. These numbers are compared with the total for the same time yesterday, so you can understand how you're pacing compared with the previous day. The "Last Synced at" tile shows the time your hourly data was last refreshed.
The data in this first section can help you understand if current day results are trending below or above both yesterday and the same day last year. During peak periods this becomes extremely important: failing to optimize your performance during peaks can result in major underperformance vs your plan. If intraday performance is lagging vs last year, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you run a promotion or discount last year that you are not running this year?
- Have you changed the pricing for some of your top sellers? Increases in pricing may drive higher AOV but fewer orders.
- Are you out of inventory for any key SKUs? If top sellers from last year are sold out this year, make sure you have a good substitute product you can feature.
- Are there specific marketing channels with high CPO / CPA values? Check the marketing dashboard to see if there are any vendors that are underperforming and if you should be allocating spend to other vendors.
- Are you seeing abnormally low conversion rates at any part of the checkout process? The Site Funnels dashboard shows you conversion rates for specific parts of the checkout process. If you see low conversion rates at a specific point you may have a broken link or something that is confusing customers. Try to make your checkout process as frictionless as possible.
- Is performance lagging in a specific customer segment? Are new customer numbers lagging or are repurchase rates that are low? You can use the Retention dashboard to understand if there is a specific customer segment that is underperforming.
⏱ Hourly Sales
This section helps you understand how your gross sales are trending on an hourly basis vs yesterday and the same day last year. This is especially helpful when you are running a promotion and are trying to understand if intraday sales are trending better or worse than previous promotion days.
🤿 Deep Dive
This section helps you slice and dice same-day performance by product and discount code, and highlights the day's largest orders.
- Sales by Product - Use this section to understand if any products are popping today. This could be useful if you're launching or promoting a specific product and don't want to wait til tomorrow to see the effects. Additionally, you can keep an eye on hot products during a promotion to find those that might be at risk of going out of stock.
- Today's Largest Orders - This helps you isolate large orders that could cause spikes in your daily results or find orders that could potentially be fraudulent.
- Top Discount Codes - Keep an eye on discount codes to make sure none are being abused.
To get the most out of the Sales by Product tile, consider the following:
- Are there any top-selling SKUs that are running low in inventory? This is a key question at peaks and can not be repeated enough. If you are running low on a top-selling item, consider the following:
- Raise prices on these items to grab a little extra margin
- Make sure you are not featuring these items in any upcoming promotions or currently running advertisements
- Demote these products so they are not front and center on your website
- Use the Product dashboard to understand which products sell well together or are purchased consecutively (first orders with Product A are often followed with a second order of Product B). This can help you understand if there are other products that you can feature in retention efforts to help drive sales.
- Are you using the best SKUs in your acquisition ads? Strong acquisition SKUs should be top sellers, bring in healthy gross margin, and also result in a strong repurchase rate / LTV for customers that purchase them first. You can find this analysis in the Product dashboard as well as the LTV dashboard.
The hourly dashboard requires that a merchant has a Shopify integration AND that the merchant has hourly ingestion enabled. Growth merchants should have hourly ingestion enabled automatically. Pro merchants may need to contact their TAM or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have their Shopify data ingested hourly.
Hourly Sales Incremental
Hourly Sales Cumulative
Last Synced At
Today's Sales by SKU
Hourly Combined Sales, Orders, and Units
Other Hourly Reports Found In The Daasity Reports Folder:
Order Totals Today vs Same Day Last Year
Orders Today as % of Same Day Last Year
Sales Totals Today vs Same Day Last Year
Sales Today as % of Same Day Last Year